Our mission at SLIVER.tv is to create a live-streaming platform with engaging, interactive video content that first and foremost keeps users excited to return and watch our streamers every day.
By streaming on this platform, we expect that you will act in good faith to create live, engaging & interactive content.
The following is NOT acceptable from SLIVER streamers (These apply to all streams, chats, and conduct in the SLIVER Discord Server):
- Hateful Speech
- Illegal Activity
- False Reporting of other Streamers / Users
- Real World Violence / Harmful or Dangerous Activities
- Impersonating other people / Assuming authority
- Nudity or Pornographic content
- Content meant to abuse or take advantage of the platform
- Low effort / not in good spirit content
Please note: although we do not enforce our rules on conversations held outside the platform, if any behavior reflects poorly on the SLIVER brand we reserve the right to remove your status as an affiliate or partner.
SLIVER’s Stance on Acceptable Content
SLIVER will review content based on whether the majority of the experience is live, and encourages interaction with the viewers. If content is found to be passive, with little interaction between the viewers and streamers, or clearly intended to be low-effort and take advantage of the platform, it may be subject to punitive action.
A few examples…
- Streamer XX is watching paint drying on stream. What is SLIVER’s stance?
SLIVER will look at what is the main source of content. Is the streamer live on camera, interacting with the audience? In essence, THAT is the show, not the paint drying. If the streamer is not on camera, barely talking to audience, and the content is quite literally, paint drying, that is considered low effort / not meeting the requirements of live and interactive.
- What we recommend instead:
Paint on stream live in front of your audience. Engage the viewers over what you are doing while you talk on-stream.
- Streamer YY is playing VoD replays on stream. What is SLIVER’s stance?
SLIVER will again ask… what is the main source of content here? Is the stream creating LIVE and interactive content from the replays? Or lazily just showing a highlight reel while they AFK for long periods of time?
- What we recommend instead:
Watch the content with a few other streamers and make ridiculous commentary over the video. Viewers are there for you, and the video becomes just a backdrop.
While these examples are not exhaustive, it starts to become pretty clear what type of content ‘is in good spirit’ of our rules, and what content is not. If you are ever unsure, please contact SLIVER staff to ask in advance.
Harassment is any content or activity that attempts to intimidate, degrade, abuse, or bully others, or creates a hostile environment for others, and is prohibited. SLIVER will consider a number of factors to determine the intent, context, and impact of any reported harassment. To help you identify what types of behavior and content may constitute harassment, below is a list of examples:
- Bullying, such as repeated name calling or attempts to embarrass someone, with the intent to harm
- Abusing someone based on their employer, organization, or other affiliation
- Telling someone to harm themselves
- Revealing someone’s personal information against their will
- Sharing content with the intent to degrade, bully, or harm someone
- Browsing or raiding channels with malicious intent
- Unwanted sexual advances, sexual harassment, and sexual bullying
- Deliberately submitting false reports, doctoring report evidence, or report brigading
- Inciting or encouraging others to harass
Violating our policy against harassment will result in your account being suspended. Depending on the severity of the offense, harassers may be indefinitely suspended on the first violation.
Creators are role models and leaders of the communities they create or foster around them. Creators should consider the consequences of their statements and actions of their audiences; we ask that you make a good faith effort to quell any efforts from those in your community to harass others.
SLIVER should not be used to incite, encourage, promote, facilitate, or organize hateful conduct or harassment, whether on or off the platform. We will suspend communities, organizations, and individuals that do so.
Supply Drop Promotional Item Usage
It is NOT ALLOWED to directly sell promotional items that SLIVER.tv provides. This is not in the good spirit of why we provide them, which is to further engage your active viewers.
ALLOWED: Top Donator gets a tub of G FUEL.
NOT ALLOWED: 7k TFuel for a tub of G FUEL.
Breaking the Rules
If you are found in violation of any of the above rules, one or more of these actions may be taken:
A written or verbal notice from staff of rule violation.
- Channel Deranking / Visibility Removal
Channels with content deemed low effort / not in good spirit will be given less visibility on the platform. In some cases, channels may be unlisted on the platform.
- Account Suspension
If your account is suspended, you may not access or use SLIVER services, including accessing your account, broadcasting, and chatting. Most violations resulting in a suspension will typically last 1 to 30 days.
- Role Removal
Partnered and Affiliate streamers who have received multiple warnings or has committed a major violation of our rules may be subject to permanent removal of streamer role and privilege
- Global Ban
Your account will be disabled, any TFuel or other items will be removed, and you will no longer be allowed to use SLIVER.tv as a streamer or user.
SLIVER reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, disable, and/or remove any earnings from any individual who is found to be participating in fraudulent activity. Acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of streamer privileges, SLIVER reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- What is low effort / not in good spirit content?
If staff determines that the content you are streaming is not in good spirit for the platform, there are several actions they may take.
- How do I report a violation of streamer rules?
You can report a streamer by filling out the following form: https://community.sliver.tv/report-a-streamer/
- How do I appeal a violation of streamer rules?
You can appeal a violation be sending a detailed message regarding your violation to SLIVER Support.
- If I lose my TFuel Affiliate / Partner status due to inactivity or request to leave, can I regain my privileges?You must re-apply and be processed as a new streamer in the system. Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- TFuel affiliate streamers must stream at least 7 Unique Broadcast Days each month - to maintain TFuel Affiliate status
Note on the Future
Our blockchain-based video peering technology, the THETA Network, allows us to offer our content creators an entirely brand new source of income they cannot find on other live-streaming platforms with our Fuel Pool. Ultimately we plan to tackle VoD content next and are excited to soon share our vision on how this will fit into the SLIVER.tv platform!
If a topic isn’t covered in these guidelines please message us and ask if it is allowed. Announcements will be made in the case any significant changes are made. After an announcement is made all community members will need to comply regardless of what was previously allowed. If you have any questions about these, feel free to contact us!